Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please use our Promotional Banner in your Facebook, Friendster, Blogs etc... please Support our Board.

Our Daily Bread - March 12, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay-Ar E.
Administrator
Jay-Ar E.

Number of posts : 93
Birthday : 1982-10-13
Job/hobbies : IT
Religion : Christian
Contact No. : +63907-8042822
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Our Daily Bread - March 12, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Our Daily Bread - March 12, 2009   Our Daily Bread - March 12, 2009 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Title: Flying Machines
READ: Psalm 6

I am weary with my groaning; all night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears. —Psalm 6:6

Quote :
Recording artist James Taylor exploded onto the music scene in early 1970 with the song “Fire and Rain.” In it, he talked about the disappointments of life, describing them as “sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.” That was a reference to Taylor’s original band Flying Machine, whose attempt at breaking into the recording industry had failed badly, causing him to wonder if his dreams of a musical career would ever come true. The reality of crushed expectations had taken their toll, leaving Taylor with a sense of loss and hopelessness.

The psalmist David also experienced hopeless despair as he struggled with his own failures, the attacks of others, and the disappointments of life. In Psalm 6:6 he said, “I am weary with my groaning; all night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.” The depth of his sorrow and loss drove him to heartache—but in that grief he turned to the God of all comfort. David’s own crushed and broken “flying machines” gave way to the assurance of God’s care, prompting him to say, “The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer” (v.9).

In our own seasons of disappointment, we too can find comfort in God, who cares for our broken hearts. — Bill Crowder

Even in my darkest hour
The Lord will bless me with His power;
His loving grace will sure abound,
In His sweet care I shall be found. —Brandt

Original Link
Quote :
http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml

God’s whisper of comfort quiets the noise of our trials.

BR. Jay-Ar E.
Back to top Go down
http://lfsichurch.heavenforum.com

Our Daily Bread - March 12, 2009
Page 1 of 1