Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please use our Promotional Banner in your Facebook, Friendster, Blogs etc... please Support our Board.

Our Daily Bread - March 05, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay-Ar E.
Administrator
Jay-Ar E.

Number of posts : 93
Birthday : 1982-10-13
Job/hobbies : IT
Religion : Christian
Contact No. : +63907-8042822
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Our Daily Bread - March 05, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Our Daily Bread - March 05, 2009   Our Daily Bread - March 05, 2009 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Title: Idols In The Heart
READ: Ezekiel 14:1-8

Quote :
Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts. —Ezekiel 14:3

Quote :
When my husband and I first went out as missionaries, I recall being concerned about the growth of materialism in our society. It never crossed my mind that I myself could be materialistic. After all, hadn’t we gone overseas with almost nothing? Weren’t we choosing to live in a shabbily furnished, rundown apartment? I thought materialism couldn’t touch us.

Nonetheless, feelings of discontent gradually began to take root in my heart. Before long I was craving hungrily after nice things and secretly feeling resentful over not having them.

Then one day God’s Spirit opened my eyes with a disturbing insight: Materialism isn’t necessarily having things; it can also be craving them. There I stood—guilty of materialism! God had exposed my discontent for what it was—an idol in my heart! That day as I repented of this subtle sin, God recaptured my heart as His rightful throne. Needless to say, a deep contentment followed, based not on things but on Him.

In Ezekiel’s day, God dealt thoroughly with this kind of secret idolatry. His throne on earth has always been in the hearts of His people. That’s why we must rid our heart of anything that destroys our contentment with Him. — Joanie Yoder

The dearest idol I have known,
Whate’er that idol be,
Help me to tear it from Thy throne
And worship only Thee. —Cowper

Original Link
Quote :
http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml

An idol is anything that takes the place of God.

BR. Jay-Ar E.
Back to top Go down
http://lfsichurch.heavenforum.com

Our Daily Bread - March 05, 2009
Page 1 of 1