Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please use our Promotional Banner in your Facebook, Friendster, Blogs etc... please Support our Board.

Our Daily Bread - February 11, 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ed19joy
Administrator
ed19joy

Number of posts : 172
Birthday : 1980-12-19
Job/hobbies : pc games
Contact No. : 09217150012
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Our Daily Bread - February 11, 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Our Daily Bread - February 11, 2010   Our Daily Bread - February 11, 2010 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:19 am

Title: Tell It All
READ: James 4:13-17

Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. —Psalm 62:8

A clerk who helped me purchase a small digital voice recorder told me that he kept one just like it in his car when he worked in California. “When I began driving home after work I switched it on,” he said, “and I talked about everything that happened that day on the job, good and bad. When I pulled into my driveway, I hit the erase button.” Then he smiled. After telling everything to his voice recorder, he apparently had no need to go over the day’s problems with his wife or family.

It reminded me of how often I needlessly rehearse my disappointments and problems to others instead of telling them to God. The psalmist wrote: “Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us” (Ps. 62:8 ). Twice he spoke of waiting silently for God, his rock and salvation (vv.1-2,5-7).

While there is great comfort in sharing our difficulties with a friend, we miss the greatest help if we fail to bring them to the Lord. Joseph Scriven said it so well:

What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer! — David C. McCasland

No matter where we are, Jesus is only a prayer away.

Original Link
http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml

Ed M.
Back to top Go down

Our Daily Bread - February 11, 2010
Page 1 of 1