Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Welcome to LFSI Church Homepage and Discussion Board!

Please Register and join to our Community.

Regards,
LFSI Web Admin.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Please use our Promotional Banner in your Facebook, Friendster, Blogs etc... please Support our Board.

Our Daily Bread - March 18, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay-Ar E.
Administrator
Jay-Ar E.

Number of posts : 93
Birthday : 1982-10-13
Job/hobbies : IT
Religion : Christian
Contact No. : +63907-8042822
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Our Daily Bread - March 18, 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Our Daily Bread - March 18, 2009   Our Daily Bread - March 18, 2009 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Title: What’s In A Name?
READ: Acts 11:19-26

Quote :
My Chinese family name sets me apart from others with different family names. It also confers on me a family responsibility. I am a member of the Hia family. As a member of the family, I am expected to carry on the Hia line and uphold the honor of my ancestors.

Believers who have been saved by the atoning blood of Jesus Christ have a spiritual family name. We are called “Christians.”

In the New Testament, the name Christian was first given to the disciples in Antioch by those who noted their behavior (Acts 11:26). Two things defined these early believers. They talked about the good news of the Lord Jesus everywhere they went (v.20). And they eagerly learned the Scriptures as Barnabas and Saul taught them for a whole year (v.26).

The name Christian means an “adherent to Christ”—literally, one who “sticks” to Christ. Today many people call themselves Christians. But should they?

If you call yourself a Christian, does your life tell others who Jesus is? Are you hungry for God’s Word? Do your actions bring honor or shame to Christ’s name?

What’s in a name? When the name is Christian, there is much indeed! — C. P. Hia

Teach us that name to own,
While waiting, Lord, for Thee,
Unholiness and sin to shun,
From all untruth to flee. —Cecil

Original Link
Quote :
http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml

A Christian reflects Jesus Christ.

BR. Jay-Ar E.
Back to top Go down
http://lfsichurch.heavenforum.com